First Church (UMC) in Seattle has a special PRIDE worship service at 10 am, from which a whole crowd of people will leave to go march with the Methodists in the parade. If you want to march, tag along with them! If you prefer to simply watch the parade, wander down 4th Ave, the parade route, from the church (where the parade ends) to find a good spot!
To get to First Church (180 Denny Way, Seattle)
- Drive into Seattle early and hope to find parking. There is some by First Church. Consider taking a carful of people with you!
- Take the bus (the easiest, most direct routes) from
- South Kirkland Park and Ride (P&R) or Kirkland Transit Center (Route 255 to the monorail),
- South Sammamish P&R, Issaquah Highlands, Issaquah Transit Center, or Eastgate Park and Ride (route 554 to the monorail).
Be prepared for schedule delays and overcrowded buses. Buy an Orca pass ahead of time to make life simpler.
- The parade route goes north on 4th Ave. The parade starts at 11, but the Methodist contingent doesn’t start until 11:45 or noon. It takes about 2 hours.
- We don’t find out where the Methodist meeting place is until shortly before the parade. Please check with Laurie E or Maggie R if you need this information.
After the Parade
- First Church offers hospitality (cookies and water) and communion all day until about 5 pm.
- You can visit the PRIDE booths (including a Methodist one) at Seattle Center in the afternoon.
- Be patient in your commute back home!
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun screen or a raincoat
- WATER, WATER, WATER
- A snack
- Your rainbow pin and/or your Faith and Pride T-shirt